SURE Project, Prof. Krause & Prof. Multerer
We are seeking applications for a research position (Postdocor similar work experience, 100%, for at least 2 years).
The position is financed by the SURE (SUstainable and REsilientenergy for Switzerland) project of the first SWEET call of the Swiss Federal Office of Energy. The SURE consortium (ETHZ, EPFL, USI, SUPSI, UniBE, UniGE, ZHAW, E3-MODELLING S.A. and further partners) is combining research and knowledge from different areas to develop an energy game and related analyticsanalyticswith the engagement ofthe Switzerland Living Lab community and other stakeholders. Thegoalis to point out transition pathways to restructure the energy system, particularly consideringdisruptive events.
The candidate will work together with Prof. Krause and Prof. Multerer (http://usi.to/jky and http://usi.to/3ps). The successful candidate will be offered the possibility to work in a dynamic research team and in a multidisciplinary and international scientific environment.The candidate is expected to present papers at scientific conferences and to contribute to publications in high-ranking journals.
Ideal candidates should satisfy the following requirements:
- MSc or PhD degree in Computer Science
- Strong Game Developerbackground in the industry or in an established international group, Experience within the field of Game Development, Game Analytics and Gamificationis preferred.
- Strong Programming background, proficiency in C# and Xamarin.
- Previous experience in game programming in startup/industry and awarded competition is plus.
- Fluent in English
Workplace is USI Università della Svizzera italiana, located in Lugano, Switzerland. Availability to travel to other parts of Switzerland and abroad (for purposes of collaboration and research) is required.Starting date is 1. September 2022(at the earliest). However, the position will be kept open until a suitable candidate has been found.
Applications should contain:
- a letter in which the applicants describe their research interests and the motivation to apply,
- a complete CV,
- copies of relevant diplomas, certificates as well as the full transcript of records,
- a complete list of publications with details on the candidate’s contributions,
- contact information of 2 scientific references.
Please send your application in electronic form or requests for further information to Michael Multerer (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications received before 15. August 2022 will be given priority. However, applications will be received until the position is filled.
As an institution that values diversity, USI particularly encourages applications from women and from all individuals from underrepresented groups.
Group of Prof. Vittorio Limongelli
- PostDoc with excellent background in machine learning. Knowledge/experience with biophysical systems is a plus.
- PhD student with a master's degree in Informatics and experience in machine learning and programming.
- PhD student with a master's degree in Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics. Knowledge/experience with numerical calculations is preferred.